May 11, 2007

Searching for my genie.


What do you do when u have an opinion about someone you've just had a patch up with???? Confront the person??? Talk about it to someone else, may be your best friend????

The above questions might have made no sense to you at all. Let me give you a background of what happened. I had a terrible row with someone I know. 'Twas a huge row and it took some real ugly turns. The initial cause of the row was completely the other person's fault cos of some perception problems. I tried my best to stay out of it all, but got pulled into it. I came out of it eventually, but not without giving a strong piece of mind to the other person.

Time passed, and my "friend" realised(?) his/her mistake and wanted to patch up. It was real tough to patch up after all that passed between us. But guess Christ gives you strengths you never realised you had. Then things started to move ahead between the two of us. I started to slowly iron out the creases.

And then all of a sudden, one day I get a mail which has indications of backbiting by that "friend" of mine. This was not explicitly stated.

I am now in a fix as to whether I should confront my friend or let it lay. If the information is incorrect, my confrontation can lead to strained relations once again, and this time it being my mistake, which is totally not acceptable to me.

Or, should I discuss my thoughts with my very good friend of mine. I'm scared to do that, cos it can result in my friend having a prejudice against the other person, which would be a very wrong thing to do.

Or, I wish I had a genie in a magic lamp. He could just jump into my friend's mind and get all the needed information out for me. (Yeah, I watch a lot of the Alladin cartoons.) Oh!! How I wish this could come true. But till then I'll have to be content with telling the whole world about it and hope (again!!!) that this causes no harm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

its an old post but still... talk to ur good frnd (hopefully he/she is sane to handle things the proper way :) )